This contest is open to residents of Canada only and is governed by Canadian law.
Standard data rates apply to participants who choose to enter the contest via a mobile device. Please contact your service provider for pricing and service plan information and rates before mobile device participation.
1. Dates. The Ecova launch contest (the “Contest”) is brought to you by Collection Ecova Inc. (“Ecova”) and begins on Wenesday, February 1st, 2023, at 10:55am EST (UTC-5) and ends on Sunday, February 12th, 2023, at 11:59pm EST (UTC-5) (the “Contest Period”). For the purposes of these Official Rules and Regulations (the “Rules”), a “Day” is defined as commencing at 12:00pm EST (UTC-5) and ending at 11:59am EST (UTC-5) on the following day, except for the Contest start and end dates.
2. Eligibility. Contest is open to residents of Canada having reached 18 years old of age; except employees, representatives, mandataries, agents, officers or directors (and those with whom such persons are living, whether related or not) of Ecova and affiliated entities, advertising/promotion agencies and any other individual(s), entity or entities involved in the development, production, implementation, administration or fulfillment of the Contest (collectively, the “Contest Parties”).
Participants must have online access with a valid email address and Instagram account handle at the time of entry.
If you participate via a mobile device, standard data charges from your wireless service provider may apply. Please contact your wireless service provider for details on these and other applicable charges. Participants are solely responsible for any such data charges.
3. Agreement to be legally bound by rules. By participating in this Contest, you are signifying your agreement that you have read and agree to be legally bound by these Rules.
The Contest Parties, Instagram and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, mandataries, successors, and assigns (collectively, the “’Released Parties”) are not responsible for, and accept no liability whatsoever in relation to, any late, lost, misdirected, delayed or incomplete Entries, as defined below (all of which are void).
4. How to enter. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter the Contest : (i) follow Ecova’s Instagram page (@ecova.co); (ii) post a story of the Contest post and tag @ecova.co; (iii) like the Contest post and tag three (3) friends of your choice in the comment section of the Contest post (all actions collectively being referred to as the “Entry”).
5. Additional Rules. If it is discovered by Ecova (using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by Ecova) that any person has attempted to use multiple names, identities, email addresses, Instagram accounts and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s), and/or any other means not in keeping with Ecova’s interpretation of the letter and spirit of these Rules to enter or otherwise participate in or to disrupt this Contest (all as determined by Ecova in its sole and absolute discretion); then he/she may be disqualified from the Contest in the sole and absolute discretion of Ecova. An Entry may be rejected if (in the sole and absolute discretion of Ecova) it is not submitted and received in accordance with these Rules. The Released Parties are not responsible for, and accept no liability whatsoever in relation to, any late, lost, misdirected, delayed or incomplete Entries (all of which are void).
6. Verification. All Entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. Ecova reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to Ecova– including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of an Entry and/or other information entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason Ecova deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with Ecova’s interpretation of the letter and spirit of these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of Ecova within the timeline specified by Ecova may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of Ecova. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of this Contest will be the official time-keeping device(s) used by Ecova. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures etc.) or attempted transmission of an Entry, or of an attempted Entry or of any communication, does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt by Ecova.
Anyone deemed by Ecova to be in violation of Ecova’s interpretation of the letter and/or spirit of these rules for any reason is subject to disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of Ecova at any time.
Ecova reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any individual it deems to be in violation of these Rules. Ecova reserves the right to refuse an Entry from any person whose eligibitlity is in question or who has been disqualified or is otherwise ineligible to enter. In its sole and absolute determination, Ecova may disqualify any person who acts in any manner to threaten or abuse or harass any person and to void such person’s Entry.
7. Prize. There is one (1) prize (the “Prize”) to be won, containing one bundle of Ecova’s cashmere accessories (one scarf, one beanie & one headband) of a value of CAD $433, in the colour of the winner’s choice: grey or black.
The Prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable, assignable or convertible to cash (except as may be specifically permitted by Ecova in its sole and absolute discretion). No substitutions except at Ecova’s option. Ecova reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to substitute the Prize with a prize of equal or greater retail value.
The approximate retail values as stated by Ecova in point-of-sale advertising, and other advertising, promotion materials, and/or in these Rules are subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, the passage of time between the date the approximate retail values are stated by Ecova and the date the Prize is awarded or redeemed. If, at the time a Prize is redeemed or awarded, the actual prevailing retail purchase price for the Prize is less than the approximate retail value stated by Ecova in point of sale, television and print advertising, promotion materials, and/or in these Rules, the Prize winner will not be entitled to a cheque or cash for the price difference.
8. Eligible Prize Winner Selection Process. On February 13th, 2023 (the “Prize Draw Date”) in Montreal, Quebec, at approximately 9:00am EST (UTC-5), one (1) eligible entrant will be selected by random draw among all eligible Entries submitted and received in accordance with these Rules. The odds of winning the Prize depend on the number of eligible Entries submitted and received in accordance with these Rules. Ecova will announce the Winner via the comment section of the Contest post, once the confirmation process of Section 10 is completed, on February 14th, 2023 at 3:00pm EST (UTC-5).
9. Winner Notification Process. Ecova will make a minimum of two (2) attempts to contact the eligible winner (using information available to Ecova) via private message on Instagram. If an eligible winner cannot be contacted within 24 hours of Ecova’s first attempted contact, or if there is a return of any notification as undeliverable and/or if any correspondence is not responded to; then he/she may, in the sole and absolute discretion of Ecova, be disqualified (and, if disqualified, will forfeit all rights to the applicable Prize) and Ecova reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and time permitting, to select an alternate eligible winner in accordance with the applicable procedures as outlined in these Rules (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such newly selected eligible winner).
10. Winner Confirmation Process.
NO ONE IS A WINNER UNLESS AND UNTIL ECOVA OFFICIALLY CONFIRMS HIM/HER AS A WINNER IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE RULES, EVEN IF SUCH Person IS ANNOUNCED AS THE WINNER OR AN ELIGIBLE WINNER.
10.1. SKILL TESTING QUESTION
Before being declared AS A CONFIRMED PRIZE winner, and receive any prize, eligible winner will be required to correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other aid (which may, in the sole and absolute discretion of Ecova, be administered online, by email or other electronic means, by telephone, or in the Ecova’s Release and Waiver form).
10.2. RELEASE & WAIVER
IN ORDER TO BE DECLARED AS A CONFIRMED PRIZE WINNER, and receive any prize, the selected winner will be required to sign or otherwise digitally accept the Ecova’s Release and Waiver form which confirms compliance with these Rules and releases Ecova and Representatives from all liability with respect to the individual’s participation in this Contest and the awarding, use/misuse of the Prize.
None of the Released Parties makes any representation or offers any warranty, express or implied, as to the quality or fitness of the Prize awarded in connection with the Contest. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, each confirmed winner understands and acknowledges that he or she may not seek reimbursement or pursue any legal or equitable remedy from neither Ecova nor any of the Released Parties should his/her Prize fail to be fit for its purpose or is in any way unsatisfactory. For greater certainty and the avoidance of any doubt, by accepting a Prize, each confirmed winner agrees to waive all recourse against the Released Parties if the Prize or a component thereof does not prove satisfactory, either in whole or in part. If any activity relating to any Prize is cancelled or postponed for any reason, the balance of that Prize will be awarded in full satisfaction of the Prize award.
If an eligible winner: (a) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; (b) fails to properly execute and return any required Contest documents within the specified time (if applicable); (c) cannot accept (or is unwilling to accept) the applicable Prize (as awarded) for any reason; and/or (d) is determined to be in violation of these Rules (all as determined by Ecova in its sole and absolute discretion); then he/she will be disqualified (and will forfeit all rights to the applicable Prize) and Ecova reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and time permitting, to select an alternate eligible winner in accordance with the applicable procedures as outlined in these Rules (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such newly selected eligible winner).
11. Contest Administration. Ecova, its Representatives and their respective affiliates are not responsible for printing, technical errors, distribution, or production errors and do not guarantee or warrant that access to or use of the Contest will be uninterrupted or error-free.
The Released Parties will not be liable for: (i) any failure of any Website or any platform during or after the Contest; (ii) any technical malfunction or other problems of any nature whatsoever, including, without limitation, those relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; (iii) the failure of any information or materials whatsoever to be received, captured, recorded or function properly for any reason whatsoever, including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website; (iv) any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer or other device related to or resulting from participating in the Contest; (v) anyone being incorrectly and/or mistakenly identified as a winner or eligible winner; and/or (vi) any combination of the above.
If due to printing, production, online, internet, computer or other error of any kind, more Prizes are claimed than intended to be distributed or awarded according to these Rules, then, in addition to having the right to terminate the Contest immediately, Ecova reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to rescind invalid Prize claims and/or conduct a random draw from amongst all eligible claimants to award the correct number of Prizes. In no event whatsoever will Ecova or any of the Released Parties be liable for more than the number, type and value of the Prize as stated in these Rules.
Ecova reserves the right, subject only to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the “Régie”) in Quebec, to adjust any of the dates, timeframes and/or other Contest mechanics stipulated in these Rules, to the extent deemed necessary by Ecova, for purposes of verifying compliance by any entrant and/or any other information or materials with these Rules, or as a result of any problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of Ecova, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the Contest as contemplated in these Rules, or for any other reason.
Ecova reserves the right, subject only to the approval of the Régie in Quebec, to withdraw, amend or suspend this Contest (or to amend these Rules) in any way, in the event of any cause beyond the reasonable control of Ecova that interferes with the proper conduct of Ecova as contemplated by these Rules, including, without limitation, any error, problem, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or failure of any kind whatsoever or any epidemic, pandemic, illness or health risks, or any governmental or health authority orders, measures, directives or guidance in response to any such epidemic, pandemic, illness or risks. Any attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest in any way (as determined by Ecova in its sole and absolute discretion) may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Ecova reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. Ecova reserves the right, subject only to the approval of the Régie in Quebec, to cancel, amend or suspend this Contest, or to amend these Rules, in any way without prior notice or obligation, in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error of any kind, or for any other reason whatsoever, including without limitation any of the causes comtemplated in this paragraph. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Ecova reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to administer an alternate test of skill as it deems appropriate based on the circumstances and/or to comply with applicable law.
12. General Conditions. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. The decisions of Ecova with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal.
By participating in the Contest and accepting a Prize, each eligible winner hereby: (i) confirms compliance with these Rules; (ii) acknowledges acceptance of the applicable Prize (as awarded); (iii) releases the Released Parties from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the applicable Prize or any portion thereof; and (iv) agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, address, voice, statements about the Contest and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of Ecova in any manner or medium whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet. IMPORTANT NOTE: Ecova may, in its sole and absolute discretion, require an eligible winner to sign and return the Ecova’s form of release and waiver prior to confirming the eligible winner as a confirmed winner in accordance with these Rules.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these English Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including, but not limited to, the Website(s), French version of these Rules, point of sale, television, print or online advertising and/or any instructions or interpretations of these Rules given by any representative of Ecova, the terms and conditions of these English Rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law.
The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with the terms as if the invalid or illegal provision was not contained herein.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules or the rights and obligations of participants, Ecova or any of the other the Released Parties in connection with the Contest, will be governed by and construed in accordance with the domestic laws of the Province of Quebec and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws. The parties hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts located in Quebec in any action to enforce (or otherwise relating to) these Rules or relating to this Contest.
For Quebec residents: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the board only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
Winners agree to the use of his/her name, image, likeness, persona, and city/province of residence for publicity purposes, and grants to Ecova any and all rights to said use without further notice or compensation, and agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, city and province of residence, voice, statements about the Contest and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of Ecova in any manner or medium whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet.
The Winner’s name will be published on Instagram once the winner is verified and confirmed. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram.